lunes, 27 de mayo de 2013

ESPACIO PARA LOS POETAS INVITADOS MAYO/JUNIO 2013

A Stephen Page poem 





Guias

The green guias 

are paid for.

The seven thin cows
and seven spine-warped bulls
are about to vanish
from our virid pastures.


The Accomplice skipped work today.
He did no show his olive face.
I guess he became weary
of shoveling hen-house shit.
We set his horse free.

My truck wheel fell off:
after driving sixty kilometers
at one hundred thirty kilometers per hour
I turned off the highway upon a dirt road
and felt the thump.

The two calf-killing stallions
were boxed in crates.
and although the Calloused-Hand Crator
displayed coins in his palm
I did not offer the star-marked colts.

The Malingerer extended his sick-leave:
I loom patiently outside his locked window
with a hammer in my hand;
I remove rusty animal traps
from the moonlit afternoon.

I town I errand tools and supplies
and take a coffee-break at El Café Local,
The gossip at the table behind me
is that the Rustler was seen at the stationer—
that his pen had run out of ink.